Ara Ake is Aotearoa New Zealand’s future energy centre. Ara Ake is a national organisation with global reach. We are a purpose-driven organisation established to support the demonstration and commercialisation of new energy innovation to support the nation’s transition to a low-emissions future.
What we are seeking
Do you have a genuine willingness to support the storytelling of our organisation and are comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, with a team committed to New Zealand’s energy decarbonisation journey? If so, we are looking for a Communications & Digital to join our commercialisation team.
In this fixed-term role, you will bring your communications, marketing and events experience to help Aotearoa New Zealand’s decarbonisation journey.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership and support to the Communications & Digital Team.
- Lead all communications and PR activities across the team.
- Lead and manage the adoption of Ara Ake’s brand guidelines, ensuring they are adhered to mitigate any brand or reputational risks.
- Develop and lead the execution of communications, PR, stakeholder engagement and digital marketing strategies.
- Develop and implement marketing and communication plans for key projects.
- Lead the planning, execution, and oversight of all Ara Ake events (small and large scale).
- Conceptualise and develop compelling content that reaches a wide range of audiences.
- Lead the management of Ara Ake’s website and digital activities.
- Lead and manage all of Ara Ake’s sponsorship activities.
Ideally, the successful candidate will bring:
- Have a demonstrable commitment to the kaupapa of Ara Ake.
- Actively uphold the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Self-starting attitude, good time management and ability to plan ahead, prioritise and follow through to completion.
- A team player with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills with a passion for storytelling.
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to manage a varied workload and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work with multiple stakeholders and positively influence outcomes.
- Enjoy working in an agile and fast-paced environment and able to prioritise, manage time effectively and work to tight deadlines.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative, SharePoint, CRM databases, social media, website applications, and marketing platforms like Mailchimp.
- Relevant tertiary degree.
- Demonstrated experience building trusting and strong partnerships and working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders.
- Event management competencies and demonstrated experience.
- Marketing and communications experience.
If you love to grow relationships and want to play a vital role in bringing key energy sector stakeholders together then this is an exciting opportunity and business to get involved with, we are passionate about supporting New Zealand's energy with future innovative solutions. Ara Ake welcomes you to apply via the link below.
Please apply via the Seek link, below.